Sunday, June 6, 2010

Small Blessings

There is a woman playing the piano in the church right now. I met her earlier and found out that her name is Aurora and she has studied classical music. I don't think she speaks English and I'm not sure if she is Mexican or Filipino but her music is lifting my thoughts and heart this dark and cloudy Akutan morning.



My friend Lorraine dropped by this morning to have devotions with me and brought me a seagull egg. Isn't it beautiful? I will eat it for breakfast tomorrow. She also brought a picture she had taken of a bird in her feeder last night and we eagerly looked it up in my Sibley's bird book to see if we could identify it. It is a juvenile Swainson's Thrush. Kind of a plain looking little bird, but fun to watch and identify. We usually see only water birds and Eagles, Ravens and Gulls.


1 comment: